If you’re experiencing an ongoing battle with food and weight it’s likely because you’re using food as a soothing mechanism or as one of your only sources of pleasure. Dieting won’t work because it’s essentially taking away your coping strategy or your “solution” to managing your internal world.
In this 8 week online course, I teach you all the skills you need to heal your relationship with food and weight for good.
Sabrina is wise beyond her years. She combines serenity, wisdom and insight with a warm, easy manner that invites you in. She is a genuine healer.
8 Week Course Outline
The Art of Eating:
WHAT TO DO ABOUT THE ACTUAL FOOD
Most of us have lots of ideas about what we should or shouldn’t be eating. This module helps you navigate the conflicting advice from a perspective that takes your complex history with food into account.
- Intuitive Versus Structured Eating: “Go with the flow” or “I have a plan” eating?
- The psychology of deprivation: whether (and how) to eliminate foods from your diet.
- Rules or No Rules: how to navigate sugar, dairy, gluten, white Flour, alcohol, caffeine etc.
- Sugar Cravings: physical or psychological? How to handle them.
- Getting on a Scale: motivational or self-sabotage? How to know your ideal weight.
The Art of Feeling:
LEARNING TO TOLERATE SENSATIONS IN THE BODY
If you think your problem is about food, think again. Food is the symptom. The root of the problem lies deeper.
- Your relationship blueprint: which feelings you’ve learned to cut off and why it’s important to reclaim them.
- The simple test that shows you how disconnected you are from your body and why that impacts your eating.
- The best Feeling-Embodiment-Meditation practices you need to be doing daily.
- The link between feeling physical sensations and healing insomnia and night eating.
The Art of Thinking:
HOW TO WORK WITH YOUR DESTRUCTIVE THOUGHTS
- Understanding the role thoughts play in the lead up to a binge.
- The 3 most common mistakes you’ll make with your thinking, both during and after a binge.
- Interrupting destructive cycles with this easy 4 step process for questioning your thoughts.
- Demonstration of how to work with specific thoughts
- e.g. “I’m fat”, “I hate my body”, “I’m a failure”, “I have to eat it”.
- Body image and how to practice loving the way you look. Right now.
The Art of Reparenting Yourself:
ENDING BINGES ON FOOD AND FEELINGS
- Why you’ll parent yourself in the way you were parented and how to grow an inner adult that can help you with your eating, feeling and thinking.
- Internal self talk: how to change the negative voice inside of your head into something useful.
- Exactly what to do, and how to work, with the inner mechanics of anger, anxiety, depression and sadness.
- Press play, and get the help you need, right in the moment when you’re struggling with cravings or a binge:
- Pre binge Audio Download, Mid Binge Audio Download, Post Binge Audio Download.
The Art of Relationship:
ENDING SECRECY, SHAME AND ISOLATION
- Living in, and loving, the body you have right now.
- Mirror work: how to shift the way you judge your body.
- End secrecy, shame and isolation: a guide to the most effective support systems and groups.
- Why other people are so key to helping you heal your relationship with food.
- How disordered eating impacts your relationships: how much, and what, to say in your family or intimate relationships.
- Clear communication: learning to navigate codependency and anger and how that’s intimately tied to how you eat.
The Art of Movement and Exercise:
BUILDING FLOW INTO YOUR SCHEDULE
- How to heal your underlying anxiety or depression through movement.
- Why exercise is not the key to weight-loss and what is.
- The 3 tricks to ensure you build movement and energy flow into your days (and why doing so prevents cravings).
- The exercise addiction trap: how it can creep up on you and how to ensure your exercise regime remains guilt-free.
The Art of Pleasure, Joy and Sex:
NOURISHING YOURSELF IN WAYS THAT DON’T INVOLVE FOOD
- Learning to tolerate sensations of pleasure in the body and why it’s trickier than it sounds.
- The reasons sex and physical intimacy can feel so challenging if you struggle with food and weight.
- How to find what makes you tick and why it’s often connected with weight loss.
- Why your sexual fantasies are useful and how to tap into what you really want: in the bedroom, in your wardrobe and in your life.
The Art of Practical Spirituality:
THE ROLE OF MESSINESS, FAILURE AND EGO
- Why “failure” is underrated and how it’s often at the root of real self-esteem and joy.
- Embracing “fat” and “ugly” and “failure” as a spiritual practice and why it’s the key finding the perfect weight for you and ageing gracefully.
- The paradox of taking the next step but giving up the search for something other than this, right here.
- How food becomes your messy and profound spiritual path (whether you like it or not).
Are you ready to transform your
eating – and your life?
- All training via high quality, high definition video tutorials.
- Each week includes downloadable homework to practice what you’re learning.
- Audio downloads so you can press play before, during or after you binge and not do what you usually do.
- Secret Facebook Community Group – get support as you work through the course at your own pace and come back to the parts you need help with.
10% of all proceeds are donated to Stop, Breathe & Think which offers a simple friendly app to guide people of all ages and backgrounds through meditations for mindfulness.
It’s part of a non-profit organization that envisions people across the globe connected by kindness and compassion and offers programs for students who could otherwise not afford them.
If you’ve ever wondered what a therapist specialized in eating disorders would advise, this is your chance. She's brilliant.
Andrea Dindinger Ach,